To provide and maintain an effective site Quantity SurvProject Quantity Surveyor Positions; Full Time – permanent or freelance – Salary Negotiable
Stack London are a Construction Management consultancy and Principal Contracting company. We specialise in the design and delivery of residential and mixed use development projects in and around the London area. We are currently recruiting an experienced Project Quantity Surveyor who is enthusiastic, proactive and commercially minded to join our commercial team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to work with a dynamic, expanding company and we are looking for individuals that want to grow with us.
To provide and maintain an effective site Quantity Surveying service with the goal being to maximise the profitability on individual contracts.
You will be responsible for:
• preparation of budgets for new developments
• preparation of tenders and checking contractual documentation;
• procuring and administering sub-contractor and material contracts throughout the projects from the start to the end and maintaining good working relationships;
• ensuring that the payments to the sub-contractors are made in a timely manner;
• administering the execution of collateral warranties when required;
• preparing and submitting monthly applications for payment/valuations and preparing monthly out-turn value forecasts to the client’s representative;
• producing all monthly cost and value statements, reconciliations, and forecasts.
• preparing, submitting and agreeing the final account for individual contract/contracts;
• advising the Production team with regards to contractual/financial information relating to each project and, in conjunction with the site team, ensuring that the site is profitable;
• advising Production Management of any matters associated with monthly costs, projected final cost/values etc. which may have an adverse impact on the financial position/outcome of the project;
• ensuring all necessary financial systems and procedures are in place at commencement of each contract and that they are maintained and operated effectively to protect the companies’ quantity surveying/financial/commercial interests, with particular regard to records of work carried out and resources used;
• developing and maintaining good working relationships with the client’s representatives;
• generally assisting the Commercial and Senior Management Team.
The successful candidate will have/be:
BSc qualified in Quantity Surveying;
minimum of 2 to 5 years post graduate experience within the civils or building industry;
House building experience
excellent verbal and written skills;
the ability to work well in a collaborative team environment;
a confident communicator;
the ability to multi-task and prioritise workload in order to achieve deadlines